The about me post

 Can be found here!

Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snow: brings the UK to a halt

I am amazed the UK has the largest amount of snow fall for nearly 2 decades, and it has brought out large scale lazyness! evertything is affected, planes are grounded,  trains have  not been able to run due to frozern signals, schools, and businesses have closed.


In addtion university closed yesterday, for the majority of students we found out when we got there, and yesterday it reopened the vast majority of students turnd out to attend lectures only to arrive and in the case of journalsim discover that there lecturere had failed to make it in and that the lecture was infact cancelled. 


This was infuriating as at this point yesterday the internet was working, so all it would have taken was an email to the group telling us not to bother getting up. 


The other sessions where still on but did not have a great turn out, I think at the highest there was a grand total of 5 people attending.


This brings me on to my next point, the snow brought out lethargy, so many people could have come to university and decided not to because of the snow, people who where physically able to go out and go to uni didn't.


I hate throwing my disability out as some kind of look how great I am card, but I am about to.


I made it in, despite the fact that I have balance problems, that my vision is significantly reduced by the glare caused by snow and the fact that I damaged the ligaments in my hip a few weeks ago and walking is still painful, walking on snow and ice was agony, yet I made it, well good for me!


Surely if you are paying £1500 to attend university, then you would want to turn up, and would commit, to have some dedication?


Its snow yet some people treat it like it is the end of the world!


No comments:

Google search

Google